Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Shredding Event

Thank you Grace for alerting me to this information. Grace forwarded me an ad that was in the local paper that said that the Middlesex County Division of Solid Waste Management will have their mobile paper shredder at the Municipal Center in Plainsboro on Saturday, July 18, 2009 from 9:00 until 1:00 or until the truck is full, whichever comes first. I would suggest trying to get there as close to 9:00 as possible; I understand the later (filling the truck before 1:00) happens quite frequently. The address of the Municipal Center is 641 Plainsboro Road and to contact the Middlesex County Solid Waste Management office you can email solidwaste@co,middlesex.nj.us or call them at 732-745-4170. They can send you a schedule of where they are going to be other Saturdays. The Plainsboro shredding event is this coming Saturday so we have four days to fill as many boxes and bags with stuff to be shredded. This is a great opportunity to rid yourself of a lot of your paper clutter!! Think about old documents and confidential papers. They take any paper (staples and paperclips do not need to be removed) but they don't take books or anything bound or non-paper items such as floppy disks.

I will continue with information from Lighten Up tomorrow...I just want to share that I actually did some de-cluttering yesterday!! I filled three paper grocery bags with old newspapers, catalogs, etc. without even really trying. I am starting to sort like items together to get them at least to the right room to be dealt with as I get to them. My office already looks much better!!

Keep up the good work and take advantage of the bulk shredder for the stuff you think is sensitive - it can save you a lot of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment? Share your ideas with the group.